Sunday, May 1, 2011

Hotels, Hotel Sales, Arizona "Boycott," SB 1070, Tedium Ad Naseum

Now it is Arizona's turn, so says our Whacko local newspaper, the Arizona Daily Star. Sunday, May 1st headlines our state is in the crosshairs of the country's liberal agenda, "boycott" Arizona because of SB 1070, the state's law making it an option for the state's law officers to question traffic violators as to their 'potential' immigration status.
    Enter Babs Streisand, Jane Fonda and a whole host of far-left loonies (somebody wake up Meryl, the overweight lout on the Capitol One commercials) so they can fine-tune the indignation and get their face-time revved up.
    I, myownself, have not thrown my card in the pot on this one yet, let me tell you why. During the Colorado Amendment II imbroglio (the Christian Right, Colorado Springs Amendment that made it to the ballot denying gays the right to everything including walking and chewing gum in public), that threw the same black eye on Colorado for a couple of years.
   Convention business went into the round file as I struggled to command a small battalion of hotel sales people in the largest hotel west of the Mississippi in Denver. Now, get this: everyone I spoke to, as well as the troops I councilled with said the same thing - everyone picked on Colorado. "Meeting Professionals in New York City threw dinner rolls at the ONE association head that promised to go to Denver," (closed quotes.)
   One gay association executive in south Carolina spoke to me about his own group who declared their abstinence from Denver. I brought his attention to his own state's declaration against gay marriage and anti-civil rights, and he retorts thusly, " you don't have to remind ME that I live in south Carolina, but, they  tell me we are not going, and THAT'S THAT."
   So, rationality in these heady times plays NO part in dizzy, swirling, emotionally charged issues of the day, I guess. And that includes a state filled with illegal aliens, companies that employ them, "ethnic studies" with secret curriculae that the public cannot read, and comes now, a national boycott of Arizona whose only sin is to try to protect it's own border in light of the Federal Governments failure to do so.
    Am I right, or not? Maybe I'm just swinging at shadows. As the comedian Dennis Miller used to say, "that's my opinion, I could be wrong."
###
   

No comments:

Post a Comment